Copycat Sara Lee Pound Cake

Recently, my spouse and son got hooked on to Sara Lee cakes again.  I just to admit, Sara Lee cakes are really nice when I'm not a baker. But since I started baking, I find the cake sweet and looking at the ingredients, it doesn't sound too healthy isn't it? So I searched for a similar recipe and found from this site. It looked easy to attempt. However, my pound cake didn't yield the exact same look as hers. I wondered how to achieve the dense, no-holes look. However, the taste was nice and dense. Fortunately, my hubby likes it.
cake_saralee02 

Recipe for Copycat Sara Lee Pound Cake, adapted from Copykat.
(Makes a regular loaf)

Ingredients: 

113g Unsalted butter, softened

120g Caster sugar
3 Eggs

137g Cake flour
15g Dry powdered milk
10g Corn syrup
juice of half a small lemon
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
1/2 tsp Baking powder

Method:
  1. Allow butter to reach room temperature. 
  2. Cream sugar and butter together until light and fluffy.  
  3. Add eggs one at a time and mix well.  
  4. Add in flour, powdered milk, baking powder, and corn syrup. Beat each in well.  Add juice of half a lemon, salt and vanilla. Make sure everything is well blended, and pour into a greased loaf pan.  
  5. Bake at 170C for 45 minutes, checking for done-ness by inserting a toothpick and seeing if it comes out clean. You almost want to under bake this.
cake_saralee01 cake_saralee03 cake_saralee04

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be free with your mind!