Recipe for Apple Cinnamon Custard Pie, modified from Alex's Irresistible Pastry.
(Makes a 9" pie)
35g Icing sugar
75g Butter, softened
1 Egg yolk
130g Plain flour
1. Using a spatula, mix softened butter with icing sugar till light.
2. Add in egg yolk and mix well.
3. Stir in flour and mix till all incorporated.
4. Using a cling wrap, wrap the dough and refridgerate for at least 30mins.
5. Take out and roll between 2 sheets of plastic wrap to about 3mm to fit the 9"pie pan.
6. Chill in the fridge for about 20mins.
7. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180C.
8. Line the pastry shell with parchment paper and baking beans.
9. Bake in the oven for 18mins, then remove the baking beans and continue baking for another 8 mins.
(My crust was a bit overcooked, therefore, it tasted bitter. The timing above has already been reduced to prevent overcooked.)
2 Green apples, sliced thinly (or any apple of your choice)
100g Whipping cream
1 tbsp flour
1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon powder (optional)