Recipe for Wholewheat Nutella Pecan Buns, modified from 天然蔬果酵母麵包.
(Makes approx 16 pcs)
400g Bread flour
100g Wholewheat flour
125g Whipping Cream
150g Cold water
1 Egg (approx. 50g)
60g Unsalted butter
1. Knead all the ingredients, except butter, with a dough hook on slow speed for 3 mins.
2. Add butter, continue kneading for 1 min, then turn to medium speed for 8 mins. Test for window pane. Then proof for 60 mins or double the size.
3. Weigh out each dough to 60g, shape it and it rest for 10 minutes.
4. Then roll it flat, spread Nutella on it generously. Roll it up like swiss roll.
5. Cut into 4 equal portion. Place it on a paper cup. Do it for the rest of the dough.
6. Let it proof for at least 45mins or until the dough doubled.
7. Top with pecans. Preheat oven to 190C.
8. Bake for 16 minutes. Tent the top if it gets too dark.
9. Let it cool completely before serving.