By Passionate About Baking on |
Just out of the sudden, I feel like baking a chiffon cake. I've not baked a chiffon for a long time. Lately, I was more into breads since I usually have them for breakfast. Wanting to practice my chiffon again, I did a Pumpkin Chiffon Cake. I agreed with a friend that my chiffon wasn't good looking. Until I find the time to learn from her, I'll just continue to bake them based on my understanding. :p
Recipe for Pumpkin Chiffon Cake, adapted from Honey Bee Sweets.
(Makes a 9" cake)
5 Egg yolks
60g Caster sugar
60g Vegetable oil
100g Mashed steamed pumpkin
95g Whole milk
150g Plain flour
5 Egg whites
1 tsp Fresh lemon juice
70g Caster sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 170C.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg yolks with the caster sugar till well blended. Then blend in the vegetable oil and mix well.
3. Now add in the pumpkin puree and milk, mix well again. Finally add in the sifted flour and whisk till everything combined together well. (I added some almond nibs because I had some leftovers.)
4. In another large mixing bowl, beat the egg whites and lemon juice till foamy.
5. Then add the caster sugar gradually and beating at the same time till all is added in and the batter is stiff and glossy.
6. In 3 separate portions, add the whites into the yolk mixture and gently fold in to combined.
7. Gently pour the batter into the tube pan and bake in the oven for 40 minutes till browned.