After a wonderful holiday with my family in Tokyo, it was back to baking a birthday cake to my eldest son. He has always been a great fan of cheesecake, so this time, I decided to bake a Green Tea Oreo Cheesecake. We couldn't get enough of green tea anyway, so this was appropriate.
Recipe for Green Tea Oreo Cheesecake.
(Makes a 8″ round cheesecake)
200g Oreo, crushed (You can get the crushed oreo biscuits directly from Sun Lik)
75g Liv Salted butter, soften
1. Mix crushed oreo crumbs with the soften butter until it resembles the texture of wet sand.
2. Using the back of your fingers, press the mixture into the base of a lined bottom removable pan or springform pan until the base is firm and compact.
3. Keep it in the fridge to harden until ready to bake.
500g Cream cheese, softened
80g Fine sugar
3 Eggs, room temperature
1 tsp Matcha powder
2 tsbp Whole milk
1 packet Mini Matcha Oreo (150g)
1. Preheat oven to 150C.
2. Beat cream cheese and sugar in a mixer until it is smooth without lumps.
3. Add in matcha powder and milk.
4. Add eggs in one at a time, beating until well combined. Remember to scrape down the sides of the bowl regularly to ensure an even mixture.
5. Remove the pan from the fridge and pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
6. Arrange the mini Matcha Oreos on top of the batter. Drizzle some matcha sauce (if any).
7. Bake in the oven for 35mins. (I placed one cup of water at the bottom of the oven.)
8. Once done, turn off the oven and let the cheesecake cool in the oven with the door slightly ajar until totally cool.
9. Place it in the fridge and let it chill for at least 4 hours (best is overnight).
9. Let the cheesecake rest in room temperature for an hour before serving.
- Upon the request of my youngest son for this cake, I baked again the following week. I used a 7" round pan and found that they are taller and looks nicer. At least my design also improved a bit. I also added some matcha sauce I bought from Tokyo in my recent trip.