Recipe for Cheese and Herbs Buns, modified from天然麵包香Natural Breads Made Easy.
(Makes 12 Buns)
245g Bread flour
3g Instant Yeast
3g Fine salt
1) Prepare pre-ferment dough: Mix yeast with water, then combine with bread flour and salt. Knead till smooth dough. Cover and keep in fridge for at least 17 hours before use. (I kept this for about 48 hours because I had no time to bake.)
105g Bread flour
4g Fine salt
2g Instant yeast
28g Fine sugar
28g Olive Oil
2 tbsp Dried Basil leaves (or any herbs)
Some Prego Herb & Cheese Pasta Sauce (can replace with tomato sauce to make it a pizza bun)
100g Mixed red and white shredded Cheddar Cheese
100g Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
A dash of grind black pepper
2) Mix all ingredients for main dough till combined. Gradually add in the pre-fermented dough, piece by piece and knead to get a smooth dough.
3) Cover and proof the dough for 30 minutes.
4) Shape the dough and place aside and let it rest for 15mins.
5) Roll the dough out flat and squarish. Spread the Prego sauce evenly on the dough. Followed by sprinkle with cheddar cheese and black pepper.
6) Roll it out like swiss roll and seal it tightly. Cut out 12 pieces equally.
7) Place it in a paper cup on a baking tray, and let it proof for 45mins.
8) Sprinkle with Mozzarella Cheese, and bake in preheated oven of 180C for 15 minutes till golden brown.
9) Remove from the baking tray immediately after baking. Let it cool completely before consuming.