Good as a gifts for Christmas. :)
Recipe for Lavender Cream Cheese Pound Cake, adapted from Honey Bee Sweets.
(Makes 3 small and 3 mini loaves)
330g Plain Flour
340g LIV unsalted butter, room temperature
250g Cream cheese, room temperature
6 Whole eggs
240g Castor Sugar
1½ tbsp Rum
1 tsp Salt
1½ tsp Dried Lavender
- Preheat fan oven to 160°C. With a k-beater, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar; beat until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in rum and lavender.
- With mixer on low, add flour and salt in three additions, beating until just combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared pans. Even the top with a spatula.
- Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted in the centers comes out almost clean, approximately 40-43mins.
- Cool them in the pan completely before serving.