Recipe for Flourless Hazelnut Chocolate Cake, adapted from Anncoo.
(Makes a 8" cake)
100g Dark chocolate buttons (66%)
100g LIV unsalted butter, cubed
80g Caster sugar
2 tbsp Kahlua liqueur
100g Ground hazelnuts
1 tbsp Instant coffee granules with 1 tbsp hot water
4 Eggs (approx 55g each), separated
120g Fresh raspberries
40g Caster sugar
- Preheat fan oven to 150C. Grease deep 8" round cake pan and line base.
- Melt chocolate and butter in mixing bowl over a pot of simmering water, stirring until mixture is combined and chocolates melted.
- Combine chocolate mixture with sugar, kahlua, ground hazelnuts and coffee. Add in egg yolks, one at a time. Stir well to mix.
- Whisk egg whites with electric mixer until peak forms (not too stiff); gently fold into chocolate mixture in two batches.
- Pour mixture into pan; bake for 35 minutes or skewer inserted into cake comes out clean. Cool cake in pan.
- In a small pot boil raspberries, sugar and water together and stir over medium heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5-7 minutes, mash raspberries with a spatula. Leave aside to cool totally.
- Decorate with some raspberries on top of the cake and raspberry coulis before serving.
I'm submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #38: Boozy-licious (December 2013) hosted by Jasline of Foodie Baker.