Recipe for Three Cheese Creamy Baked Rice
Makes 6 servings
2 cups Rice grains, cooked
6 pcs Prawns, deshelled and cut into 3 pieces each
2 medium Squid, washed and cut
1 cup Mixed vegetables
200g Chicken pieces, shred
1 Large Onion, sliced
3 Clove garlic, chopped
3 tbsp Cooking oil
30g LIV Salted Butter
1 1/2 cup Whipping Cream
1 cup Whole Milk
2 Eggs, beaten
2 tsp Rock Salt (or sea salt)
2 tsp Dried mixed herbs (or fresh herbs like rosemary, or other mixed herbs)
Dash of black pepper
100g Parmesan Cheese, grated
150g Red Cheddar Cheese, grated
150g Mozzarella Cheese, grated
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Add cooking oil.
- Add garlic and fried till fragrant. Add in onion and fried till caramelised and soft.
- Add in prawns, followed by chicken and stir fried till just cooked.
- Add in mixed vegetables and stir till cooked.
- Remove them from the pan and put aside.
- Add squid and stir till just cooked. Remove and put aside.
- Turn the fire to low heat, then add in the salted butter. Stir till it melts.
- Add in the whipping cream, followed by whole milk.
- Gently stir over low heat.
- Add in salt, pepper and mixed herbs, then stir well.
- Once the cream started to bubble a bit, dribbled beaten eggs steadily into the cream and stir well in the low heat.
- Add in the cooked rice, followed by all the cooked vegetables and meats.
- Stir well and ensure that all are covered well in the cream.
- Scoop them into a baking pan. Layer Parmesan cheese between the rice.
- Finally, topped the rice with a layer of cheddar cheese, followed by mozzarella cheese.
- Baked it in a preheat oven of 200C for 20mins, or until the cheese turned browned.
- Serve it with side salad or grilled vegetables.
Happy 47th National Day, dear Singapore!!