Recipe for Butter Cake
(Makes 10 roses, and two mini rectangular loaves)
225g LIV Salted butter, softened
140g Caster sugar
225g Self-raising flour
5 tbsp Whole milk
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Beat the butter and sugar together, then add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Fold in the flour, milk and vanilla extract until the mixture is smooth.
- Scoop the batter into the rose moulds.
- Bake the cake at 160C (fan oven) for 22 mins or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Turn out onto a cooling rack and leave to cool.
- Decorate the roses with chocolate ganache.