Blueberry Bakewell Tart

Blueberries seems to be in season now. In our local supermarket, they have been on offers for these two weeks. I didn't hesitate to buy them whenever they are on offers. With abundant blueberries on hand, I didn't hesitate to bake the Blueberry Bakewell Tart, as shared by Grace, last weekend. I had the opportunity to try it previously and I fell in love with it.

The ground almond, mixed with blueberry and the crispy crust was truly heaven. As I didn't have blueberry jam, I used chocolate ganache to brush the crust base instead. However, when I tried it, I thought the taste wasn't as good as it is with blueberry jam. Hmm...still the original taste better. :) Do try it if you have blueberries to spare!


With the leftover dough, I baked them and made them into dark chocolate cherry tarts. I used the cherries from the Griottines that Doris gave me previously. I mixed some cherry liquor into the dark chocolates and topped it with a cherry. It was another indulgence. However, this is only limited to six tartlets that I made. I love this crust as it's really crispy!

15 comments:

Vrinda said...
July 2, 2010 at 8:21 PM

Lovely tart...

Passionate About Baking said...
July 2, 2010 at 9:01 PM

Hi Vrinda,
Thanks. It was truly a lovely tart. :)

wendyywy @ Table for 2 or more..... said...
July 2, 2010 at 9:39 PM

Oh yes.... I love this type of tart too. I made one with fresh apricots :)

busygran said...
July 3, 2010 at 12:26 AM

Hi Jane,
Delicious-looking tart there! I simply got to get down to making it.

Passionate About Baking said...
July 3, 2010 at 12:50 PM

Hi wendyywy,
Fresh apricot tarts sounds good too! Lately, I had the opportunity to try fresh apricot, it's really nice! I love them!

Hi busygran,
Oh, I'm sure you'll love this tart. You must really make this!

Kitchen Corner said...
July 3, 2010 at 3:42 PM

Hi Jane,
I'm glad you like the blueberry bakewell tart and try it by yourself too! Very good job!

Passionate About Baking said...
July 3, 2010 at 5:42 PM

Hi Grace,
Thanks! I really love this tart. The tart base and the ground almond fillings with the blueberries is really fantastic! Think I'm hooked! Thanks very much for sharing your recipe!

Jess @ Bakericious said...
July 4, 2010 at 12:25 PM

the tart looks yummy!

Passionate About Baking said...
July 4, 2010 at 9:31 PM

Hi Jess,
Thanks. It is truly a wonderful tart!

ReeseKitchen said...
July 5, 2010 at 10:23 PM

Lovely tarts, Jane! I like all kind of tarts but yet to try baking any except the blueberry cheese tarts..;p Book marked yours!

ReeseKitchen said...
July 7, 2010 at 8:26 PM

Very nice tarts Jane..:) Actually I posted a comment in this post of yours, maybe you didn't receive it. Anyway, I'll try this tarts out soon..:)

Passionate About Baking said...
July 7, 2010 at 8:46 PM

Hi Reese,
Thanks. You'll just have to try this. I'm sure you'll love it as much as I did! ;)

Pei-Lin@Dodol and Mochi said...
July 7, 2010 at 11:39 PM

Jane, just emailed you through your Gmail account. Please check your mail. Thanks! Hope to hear from you soon!

Kitchen Corner said...
May 19, 2011 at 5:48 PM

Hi Jane,
I'm glad you like the blueberry bakewell tart and try it by yourself too! Very good job!

Bobby Holmes said...
November 16, 2012 at 5:46 PM

the tart looks yummy!

Post a Comment

Be free with your mind!

Related Posts with Thumbnails