BBQ Pork Ribs

Some weeks back, my mother-in-law fried some sweet and sour pork ribs. The taste was good, but the meat was tough. We discussed about the cooking method to make it soft on which the meat can come off the bones easily, like how we like our bak ku teh. At that point, I didn't have much idea too. So I went to do a search how to make it like Chili's pork ribs. My father-in-law loves it! And so, I decided to explore it, in hope that I can make for them in future, if I am successful.

A search on the internet provides this recipe from All Recipes - Simple BBQ Ribs. Reading through the comments really provides good guide on producing a good bbq rib. I can't wait to try it out! It turns out to be really good! The quantity I cooked didn't even have enough for all of us. Next time, I must make thrice the amount so that everyone will be finger-licking them!
bbqpork08
Recipe for BBQ Pork Ribs, adapted from All Recipes.

Ingredients:
900g Pork ribs, whole
1 tbsp Garlic powder
1 tsp Ground black pepper
2 tbsp Salt
1 cup BBQ sauce

Method:


1. Place ribs in a large pot with enough water to cover. 
bbqpork01
2. Season with garlic powder, black pepper and salt. 
bbqpork02
3. Bring water to a boil, and cook ribs until tender.
bbqpork03
4. Preheat oven to 170C. Remove ribs from pot, and place them in a baking dish. 
5. Generously brush BBQ sauce on the ribs. Cover dish with aluminum foil, and bake in the preheated oven for 40mins.
bbqpork04
6. Take out the dish and brush the ribs with more sauce, cover with aluminum foil. Bake for another 20mins.
bbqpork05
7. Remove the foil, placed it on the higher rack and continue baking for another 8 mins. 
8. Rest for 5mins before cut and serve. The meat will fall off the bones easily! 
bbqpork06 bbqpork07
We had our bbq ribs with oligo alio and it was really good! bbqpork09

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Be free with your mind!