2015 was gone in a flash. These were the highlights for me in 2015:
- completed my first 10km marathon run in Hong Kong,
- my first holiday in Taipei with my colleague,
- worked part-time for a month to coach my children during June school holidays,
- supervised two PSLE children & one GCE 'O' Level child,
- rewarded my children with a California holiday
For the last day of 2015, my colleagues organised a mini department breakfast party. As part of my contribution, I baked muffins.
Recipe for Chocolate Peppermint Chips Muffins, adapted from Tested & Tasted.
(Makes 80 mini muffins)
125g Unsalted butter, melted
½ tbsp Rum
¼ tsp Salt
120g Buttermilk (120g milk + ½ tbsp lemon juice)
110g Caster sugar
50g Brown Sugar
150g Plain Flour
40g Cocoa powder, dutch processed
1 tbsp Baking powder
¼ tsp Baking soda
50g Peppermint chips
1. Combine and mix all the wet ingredients in a bowl.
2. Sift the flour and powder, and combine all dry ingredients and mix.
3. Pour the wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir till just combined. Batter will be lumpy.
4. Add in peppermint chips and mix to corporate.
5. Scoop into paper cups.
6. Bake at preheat oven of 170C for 13mins or until a skewer inserted into the muffin comes out clean.