Easy Wholemeal Bread

bread_wholemeal02
After trying the original recipe from 吴宝春金牌土司, I decided to modify it into wholemeal bread. I can't believe his recipe is so simple and nice. Here is my modification of his original recipe to wholemeal bread and some changes to the liquid content. This is recipe for my reference.

bread_wholemeal03
Recipe for Wholemeal Loaves, modified from 吴宝春金牌土司, which orginated from ccm.
Makes two loaves - a flower mould (dough weight about 550g) & mini rectangular mould (dough weight about 360g)


Ingredients:

70g Wholemeal flour

130g Plain flour
300g Bread flour
40g Castor sugar
9g Salt
25g LIV unsalted butter
340g Fresh milk
5g Instant yeast

Method :
1. Mix all ingredients (except butter) into a dough using low speed for 3mins.
2. Add in the butter and continue to knead until the dough is pliable (smooth, soft and elastic), about 5-6mins on medium speed.
3. Shape into a ball, cover to rest dough for about 1 hour or double in size.  
4. Flatten the dough into a rectangular shape.  Divide into 5, with each dough approximately 184g. 

5. Pre-shape it and let it rest for 10mins. 
6. Roll up swiss-roll style and tighten the dough.
7. For a 550g loaf pan, place three doughs into it. For the smaller pan, place two doughs side by side. (550g is for my flower mould, while the other has the 360g dough)
8. Cover and leave to proof for about 50-60 minutes.

9. Bake in a preheated oven at 190°C for 30-35 minutes. (I baked them on a baking stone.)

10. Remove from the mould and let it cool completely before slicing.
bread_wholemeal01 bread_wholemeal04 bread_wholemeal05

2 comments:

rajaasia said...
January 24, 2018 at 12:09 PM

Thank you for the efforts making this blogs, I had no trouble navigating through all tabs as well as related info ended up being truly simple to do to access. feels free to visit Granola

rajaasia said...
February 20, 2018 at 12:35 PM

Hello! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering which blog platform are you using for this website? I’m getting sick and tired of WordPress and I’m looking at options for another platform. It would be awesome if you could point me in the direction of a good platform wine info

Post a Comment

Be free with your mind!