After trying the original recipe from 吴宝春金牌土司, I decided to modify it into wholemeal bread. I can't believe his recipe is so simple and nice. Here is my modification of his original recipe to wholemeal bread and some changes to the liquid content. This is recipe for my reference.
Recipe for Wholemeal Loaves, modified from 吴宝春金牌土司, which orginated from ccm.
Makes two loaves - a flower mould (dough weight about 550g) & mini rectangular mould (dough weight about 360g)
70g Wholemeal flour
130g Plain flour
300g Bread flour
40g Castor sugar
25g LIV unsalted butter
340g Fresh milk
5g Instant yeast
1. Mix all ingredients (except butter) into a dough using low speed for 3mins.
2. Add in the butter and continue to knead until the dough is pliable (smooth, soft and elastic), about 5-6mins on medium speed.
3. Shape into a ball, cover to rest dough for about 1 hour or double in size.
4. Flatten the dough into a rectangular shape. Divide into 5, with each dough approximately 184g.
5. Pre-shape it and let it rest for 10mins.
6. Roll up swiss-roll style and tighten the dough.
7. For a 550g loaf pan, place three doughs into it. For the smaller pan, place two doughs side by side. (550g is for my flower mould, while the other has the 360g dough)
8. Cover and leave to proof for about 50-60 minutes.
9. Bake in a preheated oven at 190°C for 30-35 minutes. (I baked them on a baking stone.)
10. Remove from the mould and let it cool completely before slicing.