So here is my Charcoal Chiffon Cake. It's really light and fluffy, tasted sweet, with a hint of sesame. Can't taste the charcoal though.
Recipe for Charcoal Chiffon Cake.
Makes an 8" Tube pan
4 Egg yolks
20g Caster sugar
50g Cooking oil
55g Whole milk
80g Self-raising flour
1/2 tsp Charcoal powder
4 Egg whites
1/2 tsp Corn flour
65g Caster sugar
2. Sieve flour and charcoal powder into the mixing bowl. Mix till incorporated. Set aside.
3. Mix the cornflour into the sugar. In a separate mixing bowl, beat the egg whites till foamy.
4. Gradually add in the sugar.
5. Beat till just before stiff peak.
6. Take one third of the egg whites and gently fold them into the egg yolk batter.
7. Then pour the egg yolk batter into the egg whites and fold till incorporated.
8. Pour the batter into a 8" tube pan.
9. Bake it in a preheat fan oven of 160C for 45mins.
10. Remove from the oven and invert the cake into a bottle until it is completely cooled.