Planning for a
I invited my family members over to my place for a simple birthday celebration for my "Little Twins Stars". After thinking for a long time, I decided to make some finger food. A little special from the usual dinner I have with my family. This will be the one-bite food which I think they will like. Using the same pastry base, I made them into Egg mayonnaise, prawns and mushrooms with sour cream mint. It was a delight to know that they loved the finger foods! Even the helpers like them and finished them all! So for future events, finger foods will be here to stay. Good that I can always make the pastry way before the event!
Recipe for Egg Mousse Tarts, extracted from Irresistible Pastry by Alex Goh.
Makes approx. 50 cookie size tart base
200g Plain flour
100g Liv Salted Butter, cold
2 tsps Parsley, finely chopped (I used dried Parsley)
1. Mix the butter with the flour until crumbly.
2. Add in parsley and water.
3. Mix to form a dough. Shape it into ball and press it flat. Wrap with plastic and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. (I left mine overnight).
4. Roll out the pastry between two sheets of plastic wrap to about 3mm thickness.
5. Cut it with a cookie cutter (your preference of any shape).
6. Place the cut-outs onto a greased pan.
7. Prick the pastry with fork and bake at 190C for 20mins or until golden. (I baked mine at 170C fan oven for at least 22 mins, turning the tray in between)
8. Leave it to cool completely before serving. (I kept mine in airtight container until ready to use.)
3 Hard boiled eggs
Pizza topper (use any dried herbs of your preference)
1. Mash the eggs finely and mix it with mayonnaise, pizza topper, black pepper and salt until well blended.
2. Scoop them into the pastry base and serve.
For Prawns and Mushrooms, cook them separately. Place them individually on the pastry base. Then topped with mint sour cream.
Mint Sour Cream
50g Sour cream
2 tsp Mint Sauce
Mix well and place on top of prawns and mushrooms.