Finally, I decided on Apple Cinnamon Cupcakes since I bought a bunch of green apples over the weekend.
Recipe for Apple Cinnamon Cupcakes
Makes 24 regular cupcakes
225g Unsalted butter, cold and cubed
150g Light brown sugar
225g Self-raising flour
1 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Cinnamon powder (can cut down to 3/4 tsp if you don't like it to be too strong)
4 Eggs, lightly beaten
1 Green apple, cubed with skin on
- Sift flour, baking powder and cinnamon powder into a large mixing bowl.
- Add in brown sugar. Mix well.
- Add in butter. Rub them into the flour, until all are incorporated. The mixture will not be crumbly, but lumpy and will come together.
- Add in the beaten eggs, using a spatula, stir and mix well. Do not overmix.
- Add in the cubed green apples.
- Scoop them into the cupcake papers till almost to the rim.
- Bake them in a pre-heated oven of 180C for 17mins.
- Served warm!