Baked French Toast

As it was coming to the end of a wonderful 2013, I decided to organise a New Year's Eve Potluck Breakfast for my colleagues in the same office floor. I thought it was a good way to end the year with a simple gathering and food. Food usually brings people together.

So after all of them have decided what to bring, I decided to do a Baked French Toast. I've seen this recipe for quite a while and was really interested to do it. When better to do it then this time? I watched the video, read the reviews and modified the recipe. It turned out to be really good. And I was glad my colleagues like them too! I love it myself, the top was crispy and crusty while the bottom was soft like beancurd. The taste was really great. Try it!
frenchtoast05
Recipe for Baked French Toast, adapted from Allrecipe.com.
(Makes a 9x13" baking dish, although I split into two pans)

Ingredients:
1 loaf Baguette, cut diagonally in 1 inch slices
7 Eggs
1 1/2 cups Milk
2 tsp Vanilla extract
1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
60g Unsalted Liv butter (approximately 4 tbsp)
1/2 cups Brown sugar
2 tbsp Light corn syrup

Method:

1. Arrange the slices of bread in the bottom of the baking dish.
2. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon. Pour over bread slices, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
frenchtoast01
3. The next morning, preheat fan oven to 160C. Bake the bread in the oven for 20 mins.
4. While the bread is almost done (before the 20mins), in a small saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar and corn syrup; heat until bubbling. 
frenchtoast02
5. Then remove the pan from the oven, pour over bread and continue baking for another 20mins.
frenchtoast03 frenchtoast04
6. Remove from oven and let it cool slightly before serving.

Happy 2014 everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
January 6, 2014 at 12:51 PM

https://twitter.com/EZAppRepair

Appliance Repair Los Angeles said...
January 6, 2014 at 12:52 PM

If you struck trouble when cooking, always call us for help Appliance Repair Los Angeles. We will help no matter what!

Post a Comment

Be free with your mind!