Recipe for Copycat Sara Lee Pound Cake, adapted from Copykat.
(Makes a regular loaf)
113g Unsalted butter, softened
120g Caster sugar
- Allow butter to reach room temperature.
- Cream sugar and butter together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix well.
- Add in flour, powdered milk, baking powder, and corn syrup. Beat each in well. Add juice of half a lemon, salt and vanilla. Make sure everything is well blended, and pour into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 170C for 45 minutes, checking for done-ness by inserting a toothpick and seeing if it comes out clean. You almost want to under bake this.